STAY TUNED TO THIS PAGE TO SEE ANNOUNCEMENTS OF UPCOMING EVENTS
The Mercer Shaw Library is welcoming healthy, full and part-time residents of Mercer and surrounding communities.
Regular Hours, 2023
Tuesday and Thursday 12:30 - 4:30pm
Saturday 9am - 1pm
Please see below for more information or contact us via email or phone if you have any questions, suggestions or requests:
207-779-3977 (leave message)
WE ARE ABLE TO ACCEPT A LIMITED NUMBER OF DONATIONS IN PERSON THAT ARE CLEAN AND GENTLY USED. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE DONATIONS OUTSIDE THE LIBRARY OR IN THE DROPBOX.
Monthly "Mug Up! Social Gatherings"
The next gathering will take place on Wednesday, March 8th, 2023 from 1 - 3pm.
Gatherings are free of charge and offer refreshments and activities determined by the members who attend.
They are held in the library, solarium and gymnasium at your Mercer Community Center!!
Refreshments, card games, puzzles, board games, pickleball (competitive and easy), books, and lively conversation. Come join us between 1 and 3pm at the MCC and Shaw Library, which is open during the Mug Ups.
Everyone is welcome - BRING A FRIEND!
Always free, always fun.
For more information, call 779-3977 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsored by Somerset Public Health and Redington Fairview General Hospital
Virtual Storytime with Kim Dawes
The delighfully entertaining Mrs. Dawes reads two children's picture books aloud, followed by a demonstration of a related, simple craft. The stories are themed around upcoming holidays or seasonal events and changes. Bring your children to the library at any time during library hours if you are interested in participating in this program. It lasts about 30 minutes and there is no charge.
Library Sponsored Programs in Full Swing
Programs in hopeful development
- Pickleball: The library offers lessons, equipment and a regulation sized court to learn and play Pickleball. It is a fun court sport for all ages - roughly a cross between ping-pong, tennis and badminton. Clinics and regular games occur on a first come, first serve basis and must be arranged in advance through the library. Free of charge for residents of Mercer; nominal fee for non-residents. Inquire in the library during open hours, or shoot us an email.
- Mug Up: Details above
- Virtual Storytime: Details above
- Saturday Shaw Socials: Join us for a quiet, friendly, informal weekly gathering featuring a homemade confection (maybe even a recipe swap), a cuppa (tea or coffee), and cordial conversation (sometimes even about books). This little group typically gathers between Noon and 1pm on Saturdays. Check it out!!
Programs in hopeful development
- Music: If you play any instrument, used to play and want to again, like to sing, or just love to listen, discuss, and learn more about music we want to hear from you. The library would love to host a music program where Music Lovers of Mercer get together and jam. We can start with our piano, a couple ukeleles, a few recorders, your guitars and voices, and take it from there.
- Quilting Crew: Are you a quilter who doesn't mind struting your stuff and seeing what other quilters are up to? The Library is interested in hosting a quarterly workshop where quilters can show past and present projects, and share tips, tricks and tools with other quilters. Let's talk!!
- 'Bored' Games: Had enough screen-time? Do you miss or enjoy playing hands-on games or constructing jigsaw puzzles with friends and family? The library has a few you might like. Scrabble, Yahtzee, Playing Cards, Trivial Pursuit, Checkers, Jacks, and more are available for small groups to get together and play. Contact the library to arrange a time to host your family or group, drop in to see if we can get something going on the spot, add a piece or two to an ongoing puzzle or sign out a game or puzzle to work on at home.
- Got an idea? If you would like to start or see a program at the library, don't hesitate to contact us about it. Let's see what we can do together!!